Remember the Brightly fabric I started cutting and sewing a few weeks ago? The clingy rib cotton fabric (edited 5/2015 - no longer available in the shop) didn't work for the sweater/tunic as I had imagined. Drop shoulders were originally planned. Once I tried the sweater on, I knew I'd have to do a little fixing. And so I did. And now I'm happy.
First I unpicked the sleeves on the sweater. Fortunately I had sewn them with the sewing machine and not the serger.
Then I drafted templates for both the new sleeve head and the new armholes on the bodice. I don't usually include seam allowances in my patterns, but it was entirely necessary for what I was about to do. (The part of the tunic that was still intact had the seam allowances I had added while cutting.)
I then re-cut the sleeves and top of the bodice using my templates and lots of pins. Next I set in the new sleeves with pins, sewed the sleeves in, and finished all raw edges.
The tunic no longer looks lumpy about the shoulders. It has both drape and cling, and it's a sweater that's lightweight enough for summer. So I didn't get it done in time for the party... it's finished now, and there's lots of summer ahead.