Articles and Blog Posts
- From Hand Knitting to Knitting Machines -- Like knits? Here's a little history on The Knit Tree.
- Independent Pattern Designers -- An excellent list compiled by A Good Wardrobe
- "The Sweater Project (Continued)" and follow up post from the Todd Shelton Blog -- American designer writes about developing a made-in-America sweater
- Heavy Knits and Rib Knits (Sewing Tutorial) -- From BurdaSyle, one way of doing this
- Serger 101 -- Several posts from Fiberosity
- The Seams -- Podcast that explores the human experience through clothing and fashion
- Ginger Makes -- Candid sewing blog from NYC sewer with great skills
- Custom Style -- Sewing blog, written by a professional costumer and seamstress (archived)
- Between the Lines -- Gorgeous site, stunningly beautiful tutorials (archived)
- The Design Loft -- Clothing design, pattern drafting, knitting from a fashion industry veteran
- BrianSews! -- Sewing blog with lots of solid info on technique and tools (archived)
- Alessandrina.com -- Knit designer blogs about process and more
- Oonaballoona -- Sewing blog, quirky cool vibe
- Ruth Singer -- Textile manipulation and design
Online Communities and Other Sites
- Fashion Terms by Apparel Search -- A good glossary of terms (in between lots of ads)
- Textillia -- Beautiful new site with forums and a community built database of materials and patterns
- TextileGlossary -- Concise definitions
- Kollabora -- How could you not love a community whose motto is "We are what we make"!
- Threadbias -- Lovely community site for those who sew, heavy on quilting
- Fashion-Incubator -- "Lessons from the sustainable factory floor" for the designer/entrepreneur, this site is deep.
- PatternReview -- That venerable site of sewing pattern reviews, sewing machine reviews, discussions and more